“The cooking workshops are excellent, I don’t know how Nicola manages to fit so much into each 2 hour session. She lives and breaths all that she shares.”
*Join my EVENTS mailing list HERE to be the first to hear about upcoming events.
I am also available for private small-group workshops or demonstrating at larger events, please contact me to discuss your plans.
Term Two 2018 – please subscribe to my events newsletter to be notified when bookings open.
- NELSON / The Art of Sourdough / May – date TBC
- AUCKLAND / Sourdough Masterclass / June – date TBC
Term One 2018
- NELSON / Preserving the Harvest / Tuesday 27th February – 6.30 – 8.30pm BOOK HERE
- NELSON / The Art of Sourdough / Tuesday 20th March – 6.30 – 8.30pm SOLD OUT
Term Four 2017
- NELSON Arts Festival – Readers & Writers program / Friday 13th October 12.30pm. I will be in conversation with Judy Finn about writing and photographing my new Homegrown Kitchen cookbook.
- SOUTH ISLAND SOURDOUGH TOUR / November 2017
- BLENHEIM / Tuesday 7th November – 7.00 – 8.30pm SOLD OUT
- HOKITIKA / Wednesday 14th November – 7.00 – 8.30pm SOLD OUT
- WANAKA / Saturday 18th November – 2.00 – 3.30pm SOLD OUT
- DUNEDIN / Monday 20th November – 7.00 – 8.30pm SOLD OUT
- GERALDINE / Thursday 23rd November – 7.00 – 8.30pm SOLD OUT
- NELSON / The Art of Sourdough / Tuesday 5th December – 6.30 – 8.30pm SOLD OUT
I have been sharing my passion for real food cooking since I completed my natural nutrition studies in 2003. What initially started as a small cooking class in my home quickly grew to evening cooking classes at historic Fairfield House in Nelson. In 2006 I was asked to write and tutor a Cooking & Nutrition course for Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology (NMIT). I ran this regular 6-week course until the arrival of my first child in 2010. After several years break from teaching while my children were little I reinstated my cooking workshops in early 2014 and regularly teach in Nelson and around New Zealand.
*Please join my *Workshops & Events* mailing list to be first to hear about upcoming events. You can read more about my experience and passion for eating well HERE, and check out my award-winning food blog Homegrown Kitchen HERE for delicious seasonal recipes.
More details about the workshops
- The workshops are demonstration style, with plenty of interaction with the ingredients & food.
- Workshops will include delicious food samples and a recipe folder to take home – bring a pen to take notes.
- The Nelson workshops are run at the warm and welcoming Broccoli Row Cafe on Collingwood street with plenty of off-street parking.
- The workshops fill up fast so please book early to secure a place. If you do miss out please contact me to be added to the waiting list.
- Due to time constraints unfortunately I unable to offer a refund or credit if you can’t make it to a booked workshop, so please check the date carefully. However, I am happy for you to send a friend along in your place. Read the full Terms & Conditions HERE.
“Nicola delivers a clear message about eating well, with many revelations!… I like her simplicity & practical approach to cooking healthy food. Very helpful – I’m referring to the recipes all the time.”
“Nicola is obviously passionate about food and helping other people to understand why. Only negative is that the workshop was too short!”
“An excellent course, Nicola’s enthusiasm for her subject and encouragement was awesome.”
“The nutrition information added to a straightforward cooking class – it was more then I expected.”
“The course was excellent, up to date, and enthusiastically presented.”