I am super excited to be taking my sourdough on a South Island tour this November to run a series of mini-cooking workshops. Making sourdough bread is a real passion of mine (OK a slight obsession!) and I love sharing the magic with others – come join me for an afternoon of sourdough and please tell your friends!
Using three simple ingredients – flour, water and salt – combined with basic technique and timing, the most flavoursome and nutritious bread can be created in your own kitchen. For many years I have been preparing sourdough bread for my family and have specifically designed my recipes to fit around a modern lifestyle. This traditional technique of bread making slowly ferments the flours and grains to improve their flavour, while also enhancing starch and gluten digestibility and nutrient availability. In this demonstration-style workshop you will learn:
- How to prepare and maintain a healthy sourdough starter – this is key to baking great bread
- Overnight Rustic Sourdough Bread – I will demonstrate preparing + shaping the dough
- Recipe handouts + two bonus bread recipes using the Rustic Bread dough
- Discussion on using sourdough starter in everyday cooking – pancakes, pastry, cakes & more
- Where to source quality flour and grains for bread making
- Delicious food samples + bring a jar to take home some starter to get you baking at home.
+ Bring a pen to take notes + a small jar to take home some sourdough starter.
Date: Saturday 18th November
Time: 2.00 – 3.30pm
Venue: Rippon – The Rippon Hall, 246 Mount Aspiring Road, Lake Wanaka
*This is a demonstration-style workshop with plenty of interaction with the ingredients & food. Note, I won’t be demonstrating gluten-free bread at this workshop.
The fine print: Your online booking and payment confirms your place on the workshop – you don’t need to print a receipt. Please check the date carefully. Due to time constraints unfortunately I am unable to offer a refund if you can’t make it, however, I am happy for you to send a friend in your place. Read my Cooking Workshops terms & conditions HERE.