“The cooking workshops are excellent, I don’t know how Nicola manages to fit so much into each session. She lives and breaths all that she shares.”
*Join my EVENTS newsletter HERE to be notified of upcoming workshops.
My food focus is on flavoursome recipes using everyday ingredients that are packed with nutrients, with a particular interest in traditional cooking techniques such as Sourdough Bread, Fermentation and Preserving. Over the last 16 years, I have presented to over 1000 participants and all around New Zealand including Auckland, Whangarei, Cambridge, Tauranga, Napier, Palmerston North, Wairarapa, Wellington, Nelson, Blenheim, Christchurch, Geraldine, Dunedin, Wanaka, Queenstown, and Hokitika.
2020 Cooking Workshops
- ONLINE WORKSHOP – Learn Sourdough – Saturday 10th October – More Details
- AUCKLAND – Everyday Sourdough – Saturday 7th November – 10 – 12pm – More details HERE
- AUCKLAND – Art of Sourdough – Saturday 7th November (2 – 4pm) OR Sunday 8th November (11 – 1pm) – More details HERE
- NELSON – Summer: Art of Sourdough – Tuesday 1st December – BOOK HERE
- NELSON – Preserving the Harvest – Tuesday 16th February – BOOK HERE
+ More 2021 Workshops Coming
- DUNEDIN – Everyday Sourdough – Postponed until 2021 – Register Interest HERE
- MARLBOROUGH – Everyday Sourdough – Postponed until 2021
- WELLINGTON – Everyday Sourdough + Art of Sourdough – Term 2 – 2021
- AUCKLAND – Everyday Sourdough + Art of Sourdough – Term 2
- CHRISTCHURCH – Everyday Sourdough + Art of Sourdough – Term 3
Previous 2020 Workshops
- NELSON – Preserving the Harvest – Tuesday 18th February 2020 – SOLD OUT
- NELSON – Art of Sourdough – Tuesday 10th March 2020 – SOLD OUT
- NELSON – Everyday Sourdough – Tuesday 9th June (new date) – SOLD OUT
- ONLINE WORKSHOP – Art of Sourdough – Wednesday 17th June OR Saturday 27th June – SOLD OUT
- NELSON – Art of Sourdough – Tuesday 28th July – SOLD OUT
- CHRISTCHURCH – Sourdough & Ferments – Saturday 8th August – 10 – 12 pm – SOLD OUT
- CHRISTCHURCH – Everyday Sourdough – Saturday 8th August – 2 – 4 pm – SOLD OUT
- ONLINE WORKSHOP – Learn Sourdough – Saturday 22nd August – SOLD OUT
- WELLINGTON – Sourdough & Ferments – Saturday 5th September – SOLD OUT
- WELLINGTON – Everyday Sourdough – Saturday 5th September – SOLD OUT
- WELLINGTON – Everyday Sourdough (repeat) – Sunday 6th September – SOLD OUT
- NELSON – Everyday Sourdough – Tuesday 22nd September – SOLD OUT
Please join my Events Mailing list to be first to hear about upcoming cooking workshops.
- WAIRARAPA – Sourdough & Ferments – 26th March 2019
- PALMERSTON NORTH – Sourdough & Ferments – 3rd April 2019
- AUCKLAND – Sourdough & Ferments – Saturday 4th May 2019
- AUCKLAND – Art of Sourdough – Sunday 5th May 2019
- NELSON – Art of Sourdough – Tuesday 21st May 2019
- WELLINGTON – Sourdough & Ferments – Saturday 29th June 2019
- WELLINGTON – The Art of Sourdough – Sunday 30th June 2019
- NELSON – Sourdough & Ferments – Tuesday 23rd July
- CHRISTCHURCH – Sourdough & Ferments – Saturday 3rd August
- CHRISTCHURCH – The Art of Sourdough – Sunday 4th August
- NELSON – The Art of Sourdough – Tuesday 24th September
- NELSON – The Art of Sourdough – Tuesday 22nd October
- MARLBOROUGH – 3-Hour Sourdough & Ferments – Saturday 2nd November
- WAIKATO – Sourdough & Ferments – Saturday 16th November
- WAIKATO – The Art of Sourdough – Sunday 17th November
- NELSON – Summer: Sourdough & Ferments – Tuesday 26th November
*Please join my EVENTS newsletter HERE to be notified of upcoming workshops.
I am also available for private small-group workshops or demonstrating at larger events, please contact me.
I have been sharing my passion for cooking and eating well since I completed my nutrition studies in 2003. What initially started as a small cooking class in my home quickly grew to evening cooking classes at beautiful Fairfield House in Nelson. In 2006 I was invited to write and tutor a Cooking & Nutrition course for Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology (NMIT). I ran this regular 6-week course until the arrival of my first child in 2010. I reinstated my cooking workshops in early 2014 and regularly teach in Nelson and around New Zealand.
More details about the workshops
- The workshops are demonstration style, with plenty of interaction with the ingredients & food.
- Workshops will include delicious food samples and a recipe folder to take home – bring a pen to take notes.
- The Nelson workshops are run at the warm and welcoming Broccoli Row Cafe on Collingwood street with plenty of off-street parking.
- The workshops fill up fast so please book early to secure a place. If you do miss out please contact me to be added to the waiting list.
- Due to time constraints, unfortunately, I unable to offer a refund or credit if you can’t make it to a booked workshop, so please check the date carefully. However, I am happy for you to send a friend along in your place. Read the full Terms & Conditions HERE.
“Nicola delivers a clear message about eating well, with many revelations!… I like her simplicity & practical approach to cooking healthy food. Very helpful – I’m referring to the recipes all the time.”
“Nicola is obviously passionate about food and helping other people to understand why. Only negative is that the workshop was too short!”
“An excellent course, Nicola’s enthusiasm for her subject and encouragement was awesome.”
“The nutrition information added to a straightforward cooking class – it was more then I expected.”
“The course was excellent, up to date, and enthusiastically presented.”