“The cooking workshops are excellent, I don’t know how Nicola manages to fit so much into each 2-hour session. She lives and breaths all that she shares.”
*Join my EVENTS newsletter HERE to be notified of upcoming workshops.
My food focus is on flavoursome recipes using everyday ingredients that are packed with nutrients, with a particular interest in traditional cooking techniques such as Sourdough Bread, Fermentation and Preserving. I have taught all around New Zealand including Auckland, Whangarei, Tauranga, Napier, Palmerston North, Wairarapa, Wellington, Nelson, Blenheim, Christchurch, Geraldine, Dunedin, Wanaka, Queenstown, and Hokitika.
2019 Cooking Workshops Around NZ
- AUCKLAND – Sourdough & Ferments – Saturday 4th May – SOLD OUT
- AUCKLAND – Art of Sourdough – Sunday 5th May – SOLD OUT
- NELSON – Art of Sourdough – Tuesday 21st May – SOLD OUT
- WELLINGTON – Sourdough & Ferments – Saturday 29th June – SOLD OUT
- WELLINGTON – The Art of Sourdough – Sunday 30th June – SOLD OUT
- NELSON – Sourdough & Ferments – Tuesday 23rd July – SOLD OUT
- CHRISTCHURCH – Sourdough & Ferments – Saturday 3rd August – SOLD OUT
- CHRISTCHURCH – The Art of Sourdough – Sunday 4th August – SOLD OUT
- NELSON – The Art of Sourdough – Tuesday 24th September – SOLD OUT
- NELSON (repeat) – The Art of Sourdough – Tuesday 22nd October – BOOK HERE
- MARLBOROUGH – 3-Hour Sourdough & Ferments – Saturday 2nd November – BOOK HERE
- WAIKATO – Sourdough & Ferments – Saturday 16th November – FULL
- WAIKATO – The Art of Sourdough – Sunday 17th November – BOOK HERE
- NELSON – Summer: Sourdough & Ferments (new workshop content) – Tuesday 26th November – BOOK HERE
Upcoming 2020 workshops
- Nelson – Preserving the Harvest – February & March 2020 – dates to be confirmed
- Dunedin – Sourdough & Ferments – Term One – workshop details to come
- + Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch & Hawkes Bay – dates to be confirmed
*Please join my EVENTS newsletter HERE to be notified of upcoming workshops.
I am also available for private small-group workshops or demonstrating at larger events, please contact me.
I have been sharing my passion for cooking and eating well since I completed my nutrition studies in 2003. What initially started as a small cooking class in my home quickly grew to evening cooking classes at beautiful Fairfield House in Nelson. In 2006 I was invited to write and tutor a Cooking & Nutrition course for Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology (NMIT). I ran this regular 6-week course until the arrival of my first child in 2010. I reinstated my cooking workshops in early 2014 and regularly teach in Nelson and around New Zealand.
More details about the workshops
- The workshops are demonstration style, with plenty of interaction with the ingredients & food.
- Workshops will include delicious food samples and a recipe folder to take home – bring a pen to take notes.
- The Nelson workshops are run at the warm and welcoming Broccoli Row Cafe on Collingwood street with plenty of off-street parking.
- The workshops fill up fast so please book early to secure a place. If you do miss out please contact me to be added to the waiting list.
- Due to time constraints, unfortunately, I unable to offer a refund or credit if you can’t make it to a booked workshop, so please check the date carefully. However, I am happy for you to send a friend along in your place. Read the full Terms & Conditions HERE.
“Nicola delivers a clear message about eating well, with many revelations!… I like her simplicity & practical approach to cooking healthy food. Very helpful – I’m referring to the recipes all the time.”
“Nicola is obviously passionate about food and helping other people to understand why. Only negative is that the workshop was too short!”
“An excellent course, Nicola’s enthusiasm for her subject and encouragement was awesome.”
“The nutrition information added to a straightforward cooking class – it was more then I expected.”
“The course was excellent, up to date, and enthusiastically presented.”