*This workshop is now full – register interest below to join the waiting list.
JOIN my *Events* mailing list.
Out of stockRegister Interest
I am teaching two separate cooking workshops in Christchurch over the weekend of 3rd & 4th August. The workshops include:
- Saturday 3rd August – Sourdough & Ferments – more details and book here.
- Sunday 4th August – The Art of Sourdough – details below
I am taking my most popular cooking workshop exclusively on sourdough bread making around New Zealand, don’t miss out!
Using three simple ingredients – flour, water and salt – combined with basic technique and timing, the most flavoursome and nutritious bread can be created in your own kitchen. For many years I have been preparing sourdough bread for my family and have specifically designed my recipes to fit around a modern lifestyle. This traditional technique of bread making slowly ferments the flours and grains to improve their flavour, while also enhancing starch and gluten digestibility and nutrient availability. In this demonstration-style workshop you will learn:
- How to prepare and maintain a healthy sourdough starter – this is key to baking great bread
- 100% Wholemeal Sandwich Bread + variations and additions including sprouted grains and seeds (Please note, I won’t be demonstrating gluten-free bread at this workshop.)
- Overnight Rustic Sourdough Bread – this is a free-form boule that is shaped by hand. I will demonstrate the preparation + shaping of the dough
- Where to source quality flour and grains for bread making + how to use the starter for other recipes beyond bread.
- + Delicious food samples on the day & recipe folder to take home
Date: Sunday 4th August
Time: 1.00 – 3.30pm
Venue: Rangi Ruru Girls School, Merivale – directions will be emailed the week prior.
Bring: a pen to take notes + a small jar to take home some sourdough starter.
*This is a demonstration-style workshop with plenty of interaction with the ingredients & food.
The fine print: Your online booking and payment confirm your place on the workshop – you don’t need to print a receipt. A reminder email and directions will be sent the week prior to the workshop. Please check the date carefully. Due to time constraints, unfortunately, I am unable to offer a refund if your plans change, however, I am happy for you to send a friend in your place. Read my Cooking Workshops terms & conditions HERE.