This workshop is now full. There are still a small number of places available for the morning class – Everyday Sourdough.
*Join my Events newsletter to be notified of upcoming workshops around New Zealand.
Out of stockRegister Interest
I am teaching two separate cooking workshops in Christchurch on Saturday 3rd July. They are demonstration-style workshops with plenty of interaction with the ingredients and dough. The morning workshop focuses on my everyday sourdough bread for toast and sandwiches (tin loaf), including a gluten-free variation. The afternoon workshop is an in-depth dive into the technique to prepare a rustic sourdough loaf (hand-shaped into boule or batard shape) plus delicious ingredient additions and variations.
Art of Sourdough – Saturday 3rd July – 2.00 – 4.15pm – see details below.
Using three simple ingredients – flour, water, and salt – combined with basic technique and timing, the most flavoursome and nutritious bread can be created in your own kitchen. For many years I have been preparing sourdough bread for my family and have specifically designed my recipes to fit around a modern lifestyle. This traditional technique of bread making slowly ferments the flours and grains to improve their flavour, while also enhancing starch and gluten digestibility and nutrient bioavailability.
In this demonstration-style workshop you will learn:
- How to prepare and maintain a healthy sourdough starter – this is key to baking great bread (Please note, I won’t be demonstrating gluten-free bread at this workshop – check out Everyday Sourdough for a gluten-free variation.)
- Overnight Rustic Sourdough Bread – this is a free-form boule that is shaped by hand. I will demonstrate the preparation + shaping of the dough.
- Variations to use different flour combos, add seeds, dried fruit and spices + roasted vegetables.
- Where to source quality flour and NZ-grown grains for bread making.
- + Delicious food samples on the day & recipe folder to take home.
Date: Saturday 3rd July
Time: 2.00 – 4.15pm
Location: Merivale, Christchurch – address and directions will be sent the week prior.
Bring: a pen to take notes + a small jar to take home some sourdough starter.
Also check out the morning workshop – Everyday Sourdough HERE.
*This is a demonstration-style workshop with plenty of interaction with the ingredients & food.
The fine print: Your online booking and payment confirm your place on the workshop – you don’t need to print a receipt. A reminder email and directions will be sent the week prior to the workshop. Please check the date carefully. Due to time constraints, unfortunately, I am unable to offer a refund if your plans change, however, I am happy for you to send a friend in your place. Read my Cooking Workshops terms & conditions HERE.