*This workshop is now full – register interest below to join the waiting list.
JOIN my *Events* mailing list.
Out of stockRegister Interest
I am teaching two separate cooking workshops in Christchurch over the weekend of 3rd & 4th August. The workshops include:
- Saturday 3rd August – Sourdough & Ferments – details below
- Sunday 4th August – The Art of Sourdough – more details and book here
Join me for an info-packed cooking workshop combining the ‘best of’ my popular workshops around New Zealand. Sourdough bread and everyday ferments, such as sauerkraut and homemade yoghurt, are something I prepare regularly for my family. Mastering making these foods at home not only saves money, but it also creates a gentle rhythm of food preparation to nourish our bodies. This workshop is much more than just a cooking class, it is a culmination of 18 years studying, writing and teaching others about cooking and eating well. I interweave my knowledge of nutrition (dip. natural nutrition) and share cooking tips from my experience as a chef.
This is a demonstration-style workshop with plenty of interaction with the ingredients and prepared food and time for questions during the afternoon. The workshop includes:
- How to prepare and maintain a healthy sourdough starter – this is key to baking great bread – (Please note – I won’t be demonstrating gluten-free bread at this workshop.)
- No-Knead Wholegrain Sandwich Bread – plus variations and additions including sprouted grains and seeds
- Where to source quality flour and NZ-grown grains for bread making
- How to safely ferment vegetables including a seasonal sauerkraut that can be made all year round
- Homemade Natural Yoghurt + discussion on how to use to prepare labneh, cultured cream & butter
- + Delicious food samples on the day & recipe folder to take home
Date: Saturday 3rd August 2019
Time: 1 – 3.30pm
Venue: Rangi Ruru Girls’ School, Merivale – directions will be emailed the week prior.
Bring: a pen for taking notes, plus a small jar to take home some sourdough starter
The fine print: Your online booking and payment confirm your place on the workshop – you don’t need to print a receipt. A reminder email and directions will be sent the week prior to the workshop. Please check the date carefully. Due to time constraints, unfortunately, I am unable to offer a refund if your plans change, however, I am happy for you to send a friend in your place. Read my Cooking Workshops terms & conditions HERE.