Bookings are now open for my next Nelson sourdough workshops. *Limited places available. I am also teaching my Everyday Sourdough workshop in Nelson on Tuesday 3rd August.
*Join my Events newsletter to be notified of upcoming workshops around New Zealand.
Using three simple ingredients – flour, water and salt – combined with basic technique and timing, the most flavoursome and nutritious bread can be created in your own kitchen. For many years I have been preparing sourdough bread for my family and have specifically designed my recipes to fit around a modern lifestyle. This traditional technique of bread making slowly ferments the flours and grains to improve their flavour, while also enhancing starch and gluten digestibility and nutrient bioavailability.
*I am also teaching my Everyday Sourdough workshop in Nelson on Tuesday 3rd August – A focus on my everyday sourdough bread for toast and sandwiches, including ingredient additions and a gluten-free variation.
In this demonstration-style workshop you will learn:
- How to prepare and maintain a healthy sourdough starter – this is key to baking great bread (Please note, I won’t be demonstrating gluten-free bread at this workshop – check out Everyday Sourdough for a gluten-free bread varition.)
- Overnight Rustic Sourdough Bread – this is a free-form boule that is shaped by hand. I will demonstrate the preparation + shaping of the dough.
- Variations to use different flour combos, add seeds, dried fruit and spices + roasted vegetables.
- Where to source quality flour and NZ-grown grains for bread making.
- + Delicious food samples on the day & recipe folder to take home.
Date: Tuesday 31st August
Time: 6.30 – 8.30pm
Location: Broccoli Row Cafe, Nelson – 121 Collingwood street, plenty of off-street parking.
Bring: a pen to take notes + a small jar to take home some sourdough starter.
*This is a demonstration-style workshop with plenty of interaction with the ingredients & food.
The fine print: Your online booking and payment confirm your place on the workshop – you don’t need to print a receipt. A reminder email and directions will be sent the week prior to the workshop. Please check the date carefully. Due to time constraints, unfortunately, I am unable to offer a refund if your plans change, however, I am happy for you to send a friend in your place. Read my Cooking Workshops terms & conditions HERE.