Book now for my next Nelson sourdough workshop. *Limited places available.
Please subscribe to my *Events* mailing list to be notified about upcoming events.
Using three simple ingredients – flour, water and salt – combined with basic technique and timing, the most flavoursome and nutritious bread can be created in your own kitchen. For many years I have been preparing sourdough bread for my family and have specifically designed my recipes to fit around a modern lifestyle. This traditional technique of bread making slowly ferments the flours and grains to improve their flavour, while also enhancing starch and gluten digestibility and nutrient availability. In this demonstration-style workshop you will learn:
- How to prepare and maintain a healthy sourdough starter – this is key to baking great bread
- A basic No-knead Wholegrain Sandwich Bread + variations (Please note, I won’t be demonstrating gluten-free bread at this workshop.)
- Overnight Rustic Sourdough Bread – this is a free-form bread that is shaped by hand. I will demonstrate the preparation + shaping of the dough
- Discussion on using sourdough starter in everyday cooking
- Where to source quality flour and grains for bread making
- + Delicious food samples on the evening & recipe folder to take home
Date: Tuesday 24th September
Time: 6.30 – 8.45pm
Venue: Broccoli Row, 121 Collingwood Street, Nelson – directions will be emailed the week prior to the workshop.
Bring: a pen to take notes + a small jar to take home some sourdough starter.
*This is a demonstration-style workshop with plenty of interaction with the ingredients & food.
The fine print: Your online booking and payment confirm your place on the workshop – you don’t need to print a receipt. A reminder email and directions will be sent the week prior to the workshop. Please check the date carefully. Due to time constraints, unfortunately, I am unable to offer a refund if your plans change, however, I am happy for you to send a friend in your place. Read my Cooking Workshops terms & conditions HERE.