This workshop is now full. Register interest below to be notified of the next sourdough workshop in Nelson.
*Join my Events newsletter to be notified of upcoming workshops around New Zealand.
Out of stockRegister Interest
Using three simple ingredients – flour, water and salt – combined with basic technique and timing, the most flavoursome and nutritious bread can be created in your own kitchen. For many years I have been preparing sourdough bread for my family and have specifically designed my recipes to fit around a modern lifestyle. This traditional technique of bread making slowly ferments the flours and grains to improve their flavour, while also enhancing starch and gluten digestibility and nutrient bioavailability.
In this demonstration-style workshop you will learn:
- How to prepare and maintain a healthy sourdough starter – this is key to baking great bread (Please note, I won’t be demonstrating gluten-free bread at this particular workshop).
- Overnight Rustic Sourdough Bread – this is a free-form boule that is shaped by hand. I will demonstrate the preparation + shaping of the dough.
- Variations to use different flour combos, add seeds, dried fruit and spices + roasted vegetables.
- Where to source quality flour and NZ-grown grains for bread making.
- + Delicious food samples on the day & recipe folder to take home.
Date: Tuesday 23rd August (sold out – register interest above for the next sourdough workshop)
Time: 6.30 – 8.30pm
Location: Broccoli Row Cafe, Nelson – 121 Collingwood street, plenty of off-street parking.
Bring: a pen to take notes + a small jar to take home some sourdough starter.
*This is a demonstration-style workshop with plenty of interaction with the ingredients & food.
The fine print: Your online booking and payment confirm your place in the workshop – you don’t need to print a receipt. A reminder email and directions will be sent the week prior to the workshop. Please check the date carefully. Due to time constraints, unfortunately, I am unable to offer a refund if your plans change, however, I am happy for you to send a friend in your place. Read my Cooking Workshops terms & conditions HERE.