Bookings for my next Nelson workshop will open soon (note: it is not out of stock/sold out). Register interest below to be notified when bookings are available.
*Join my Events newsletter to be notified of upcoming workshops around New Zealand.
Out of stockRegister Interest
Using simple everyday ingredients combined with basic technique and timing, the most flavoursome and nutritious bread can be created in your own kitchen. For many years I have been preparing sourdough bread (using both gluten and gluten-free flours) for my family, and have specifically designed my recipes to fit around a modern lifestyle. This traditional technique of bread making slowly ferments the flours and grains to improve their flavour, while also enhancing starch and gluten digestibility and nutrient bioavailability.
In this demonstration-style workshop you will learn:
- How to prepare and maintain a healthy sourdough starter – using both gluten and gluten-free flours – this is key to baking great bread.
- Wholemeal Sandwich Bread with variations to use different flours and flavour variations i.e. adding seeds, dried fruit and spices.
- Plus a variation to make a Gluten-free Sourdough Loaf.
- Where to source quality flour and NZ-grown grains for bread making.
- + Delicious food samples on the day & recipe folder to take home.
Date: Tuesday 3rd August
Time: 6.30 – 8.45pm
Location: Broccoli Row Cafe, Nelson – 121 Collingwood street, plenty of off-street parking.
Bring: a pen to take notes + a small jar to take home some sourdough starter.
*This is a demonstration-style workshop with plenty of interaction with the ingredients & food.
The fine print: Your online booking and payment confirm your place in the workshop – you don’t need to print a receipt. A reminder email and directions will be sent the week prior to the workshop. Please check the date carefully. Due to time constraints, unfortunately, I am unable to offer a refund if your plans change, however, I am happy for you to send a friend in your place. Read my Cooking Workshops terms & conditions HERE.