Out of stockRegister Interest
*This workshop is now full. I am also teaching an online Zoom workshop – Preserving & Fermentation on Saturday 6th March.
This is a once a year workshop I run during the heart of preserving season (in Nelson only). Each summer and autumn I preserve close to 100 jars of fruit from our backyard. I use low sugar with all my preserving, and where possible no sugar at all, following precise preserving techniques. In this demonstration-style workshop learn how to safely preserve a variety of seasonal fruit and vegetables. Including:
- Demonstration and discussion on preserving fruit with little or no sugar.
- Learn different preserving techniques to suit different kitchens and needs.
- A basic slow-roasted summer vegetable sauce to use the garden harvest.
- How to safely ferment summer produce into lacto-fermented brine pickles.
- + Delicious food samples on the evening & recipe folder to take home.
Date: Tuesday 16th February 2021
Time: 6.30 – 8.30pm
Location: Broccoli Row Cafe, 132 Collingwood Street, Nelson City (Drive into Health@132 Complex, plenty of off-street parking)
*Bookings essential. Your online booking and payment confirm your place in the workshop, there is no need to print. A reminder email and directions will be sent the week prior to the workshop.
*Please check the date carefully. Unfortunately, I can’t offer a refund if you can’t make it, however, I very happy for you to send a friend in your place. Read my Cooking Workshops terms & conditions HERE.