*This workshop is now full – register interest below to join the waiting list.
JOIN my *Events* mailing list.
Out of stockRegister Interest
Join me for an info-packed cooking workshop combining the ‘best of’ my popular workshops around New Zealand. Sourdough bread and everyday ferments, such as sauerkraut and homemade yoghurt, are something I prepare regularly for my family. Mastering making these foods at home not only saves money, but it also creates a gentle rhythm of food preparation to nourish our bodies. This workshop is much more than just a cooking class, it is a culmination of 18 years studying, writing and teaching others about cooking and eating well. I interweave my knowledge of nutrition (dip. natural nutrition) and share cooking tips from my experience as a chef.
This is a demonstration-style workshop with plenty of interaction with the ingredients and prepared food and time for questions during the afternoon. The workshop includes:
- How to prepare and maintain a healthy sourdough starter – this is key to baking great bread – (Please note – I won’t be demonstrating gluten-free bread at this workshop.)
- 100% Wholemeal Sandwich Loaf – plus variations and additions such as sprouted grains and seeds
- Where to source quality flour and NZ-grown grains for bread making
- How to safely ferment vegetables including seasonal sauerkraut that can be made all year round
- Homemade Yoghurt + discussion on how to use to prepare labneh, cultured cream & butter
- + Delicious food samples on the day & recipe folder to take home
*Bring a small jar to take home some sourdough starter.
Date: Tuesday 23rd July
Time: 6.30 – 8.45pm
Venue: Broccoli Row Cafe, 132 Collingwood street, Nelson
The fine print: Your online booking and payment confirms your place on the workshop – there is no need to print a receipt. A reminder email and directions will be sent the week prior to the workshop. *Please check the date carefully, unfortunately I can’t offer a refund if you can’t make it. However, I am very happy for you to send a friend in your place. Read my Cooking Workshops terms & conditions HERE.