Bookings for my workshop in Taranaki will open in September (it is not sold out). Please register interest below to be notified when they are available.
*Subscribe to my Events newsletter to be notified about upcoming events around New Zealand.
Out of stockRegister Interest
Join me for an info-packed 3-hour cooking workshop combining the ‘best of’ my popular workshops around New Zealand. Sourdough bread and other sourdough goodies are something I prepare regularly for my family. Mastering making sourdough at home not only saves money but also creates a gentle rhythm of food preparation. This workshop is much more than just a cooking class, it is a culmination of 18 years of studying, writing and teaching others about cooking and eating well. I interweave my knowledge of nutrition (dip. natural nutrition) and share cooking tips from my experience as a chef.
This is a demonstration-style workshop with plenty of interaction with the ingredients and prepared food and time for questions during the afternoon. The workshop includes:
- How to prepare and maintain a healthy sourdough starter – this is key to baking great bread – (Please note – I won’t be demonstrating gluten-free bread at this workshop but can provide a variation.)
- No-Knead Wholemeal Sandwich Loaf – plus variations and additions such as seeds and spices
- Overnight Rustic Sourdough Bread – this is a free-form boule that is shaped by hand. I will demonstrate the preparation + shaping of the dough
- Where to source quality flour and NZ-grown grains for bread making
- + Delicious food samples on the day & recipe folder to take home
Date: November 2021 (Saturday)
Time: 1.00 – 4.00pm
Venue: New Plymouth, Taranaki (venue tbc)
Bring: a pen for taking notes, plus a small jar to take home some sourdough starter
The fine print: Your online booking and payment confirm your place in the workshop – you don’t need to print a receipt. A reminder email and directions will be sent the week prior to the workshop. Please check the date carefully. Due to time constraints, unfortunately, I am unable to offer a refund if your plans change, however, I am happy for you to send a friend in your place. Read my Cooking Workshops terms & conditions HERE.