Dates and workshops to be confirmed in March 2021 – please register interest below to be notified when bookings are open.
*Join my Events newsletter to be notified of upcoming workshops around New Zealand.
Out of stockRegister Interest
I will be teaching three separate sourdough cooking workshops in Wellington in May. These will be held over a weekend on Saturday morning and afternoon and Sunday afternoon. I will be finalising dates and details in the next month – please register interest above to be notified when bookings are open.
Using three simple ingredients – flour, water and salt – combined with basic technique and timing, the most flavoursome and nutritious bread can be created in your own kitchen. For many years I have been preparing sourdough bread for my family and have specifically designed my recipes to fit around a modern lifestyle. This traditional technique of bread making slowly ferments the flours and grains to improve their flavour, while also enhancing starch and gluten digestibility and nutrient availability. In these demonstration-style workshops you will learn:
- How to prepare and maintain a healthy sourdough starter – this is key to baking great bread (Please note, I won’t be demonstrating gluten-free bread at this workshop.)
- Wholegrain Sandwich Bread with variations to use different flours.
- Overnight Rustic Sourdough Bread – this is a free-form boule that is shaped by hand. I will demonstrate the preparation + shaping of the dough.
- An adaptable variation of the rustic dough to make homemade buns and other sourdough goodies.
- Where to source quality flour and grains for bread making + how to use the starter for other recipes beyond bread.
- + Delicious food samples on the day & recipe folder to take home
Location: Kilbirnie, Wellington – address and map will be emailed prior to the workshop.
Bring: a pen to take notes + a small jar to take home some sourdough starter.
*This is a demonstration-style workshop with plenty of interaction with the ingredients & food.
The fine print: Your online booking and payment confirm your place in the workshop – you don’t need to print a receipt. A reminder email and directions will be sent the week prior to the workshop. Please check the date carefully. Due to time constraints, unfortunately, I am unable to offer a refund if your plans change, however, I am happy for you to send a friend in your place. Read my Cooking Workshops terms & conditions HERE.